Sunday, 21 February 2016

My PLE (Personal Learning Environment) and PLN (Personal Learning Network) on CLIL



Hello again everybody!

The first time I heard about CLIL was when I was taking my degree at the University of Granada. However, I barely learnt anything about it there. Four years later, I decided to take this Masters on bilingual teaching and here was when I really began to learn about this approach. Now, four months after the beginning of the Masters I feel that, even though I have gained a lot of knowledge on the matter, I still have a long way to go in my training. That’s why, when I have the opportunity I try to keep up with my learning by searching for more information in the internet.

Some of the tools I use for that purpose are:
  • Moodle platform, where my teachers and classmates of the Masters share all kinds of information about this approach.
  • Google and Scholar Google. This is where I obtain most of my sources of information about CLIL. I turn to Google whenever I want to find articles by a certain author, sample activities, or maybe a very concrete fact because it allows me to find what I’m looking for very quickly.
  • Twitter. I use twitter to read the views and ideas that teachers working with this approach have on it, to find resources to work with and also to share my thoughts and knowledge on this matter.
  • Youtube. I use this web tool to watch videos, such as TED talk shows about CLIL or education in general, and songs that might come in handy for my lessons.
  • Pinterest, where I can find a wide variety of sample activities to carry out in class.
  • Blogs. I visit the blogs of teachers and other professionals in the field of education to learn from their experience in CLIL. 

Finally, I also try to share all the knowledge I gain about this approach, and about the methodologies related to it, as much as I can. To that end, and as reflected in my diagram, the tools that I use are: twitter, blogger, and Moodle platform. It is important to mention that, since I’m taking a traineeship at a bilingual school at the moment, I also have the opportunity to apply some of this knowledge, something that allows me to test different methodologies and judge their effectiveness.

Without further delay, here’s my PLE and PLN diagram for CLIL. I chose easel.ly to make it because, after having had a look at various tools, I thought this was the one that could fit the best the idea that I had in mind of how I wanted my final mind map to look like. This web tool allows you to choose between a wide variety of backgrounds and shapes, and also to upload pictures and to draw lines and arrows, facts that make it very useful for personalizing your mind maps.

Thank you and I hope you like it.

http://easel.ly/infographic/iwo5c0

No comments:

Post a Comment